Die cut inspiration

If it hadn't been for wanting to use the die cut from the Big Fluffy Clouds lite kit then the journalling wouldn't have taken the turn that it did.
May isn't really summer after all but it was a summery day and in fact one of the only ones that we have had in (not so) sunny Devon this year!
And look - not white cardstock base! OK so I covered most of it up but it is still there! I thought the peachy tone went quite well with the cliff fall in the background of the photos (there was a house up there. For the first 18 months of our time here it was fascinating to see the cliff drop and the uninhabited house disappear)

I didn't have that much paper left so did a bit of clever layering (the cloud paper is just strips rather than a whole piece). I added in two cards from the cut apart paper then basically emptied out my embellishment kit and found lots of lovely die cuts and wooden elements to use. That knife and fork. Oooooh!
I added some cardstock behind the washi tape - but that was after I had stuck some painted on acetate behind it. Slightly a mistake as you can see the paint through a little bit. I could pretend that was deliberate but...
Another mistake that in the end worked (I think) the little wooden arrow that is now black became black because the Sharpie pen bled TERRIBLY
I did enjoy all the embellishment layering
I was pleased with how the die cut outlining went - I have been practicing cursive handwriting which helped me think about where to put the lines in.

The prompt of writing about Phil's birthday from the perspective of "Hello Summer" was a good one as it meant I could add in the fact that it was freezing in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment