A background dilemma

I had this photo from last summer
of my husband and my brother that made me laugh. The only trouble was that bored looking woman behind them. I couldn't work out how to eradicate her from the scene without it being ridiculous. So I tried something I have never done before. I cut them out.
What do you think?



I did try to put the layout on the bright yellow cardstock but in the end felt just a few pops was better. I layered up the papers from the Saltwater Smiles main kit, making sure there was enough of the black and white dots to be seen to go along with the planned title. I raised the boys up on foam pads to give extra dimension. I didn't outline them with black pen as I reckon it could have been a disaster, but everything else has that fine line of Sharpie pen along the edge. 

As well as the main kit, I broke into the Sorbet Brain Freeze embellishment kit for this page. In all honesty we had a carvery (veggie one for me and Phil) but I decided the mention of food was enough of an excuse to add in one of those cute ice lollies - or popsicles as they are known in the US and Canada. 
I think those giant letters are fab and the perfect size of title for this silly layout. Because I wanted to use the tag at the top with some gold I decided to add a little more gold elsewhere and it is just as well. I tried adding black pen to the debossed parts of the "I give this 5 *" wooden tag and it looked terrible. But I stuck it into a Delicata gold ink pad and it evened the colour up beautifully.

 The "lunch" tag looks even better. The "time" sticker is a Tim Holtz word but everything else is from the kits. 

I enjoyed layering up the sun with 2 other items
The see through items from the Poolside Ephemera pack are lovely.
Just a warning about the Jillibean Soup Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup Label Stickers. They are VERY sticky. When I am outlining stickers I first stick them to the back of their sheet (normally pretty non stick), outline and write on them and then stick them on the layout. This one didn't want to peel off again at all (as you can see in the close up). I ended up gluing it to the other same shaped sticker on the sheet to give it stability. All worked ok in the end though I think




No comments:

Post a Comment