To Infinity...and Beyond!

I had a great deal of fun making this layout and managed to get the most of the Wander patterned paper from the Journey collection by Crate Paper which came in the Main kit, and also the Kaisercraft Pistachio textured cardstock.
I used the pistachio cardstock as a base but cut out an 8 inch square from the middle to save for a different layout. I filled the 8 inch space with the Simple Stories mint watercolour paper from the lite kit. I then cut an 11 and a half inch square out of the Wander patterned cardstock leaving a half an inch border which I adhered to my base. I cut an 8 and a half inch border again from the pattered cardstock and used this to create a window in the middle as seen in the picture below.
























Before I put anything else on my layout I took some liquitex modelling paste and Martha Stewart pearlescent lilac paint (both from my own stash) mixed them together, and using a stencil I cut from my Silhouette Cameo spread the mixture through the stencil to create the stars. After it dried (about 10 minutes) I layered my Buzz Lightyear photo on some more of the Wander paper and also some of the Pink Fresh Studio Rustic Triangles patterned paper from the Main kit. Because of the angle of the photo I'd taken I decided it was best in the bottom right hand corner.
























For embellishing I used some of Happy Things puffy stickers from the Main Kit, some of the WRMK denim blue stickers and finished it off with some of the enamel dots both from the Embellishment Kit.























For my title I used both the Large and small October Afternoon Daily Flash Alpha Stickers and Voila finished :D
I will admit halfway through doing this layout I had no idea if I was going to like the end result as I'm not used to working with this kind of colour palette, but after I was finished I loved it. I think picking the colours of Buzz Lightyear but keeping everything subtle really draws the attention to the photograph. I'm now looking forward to making more layouts similar to this.
The thing I most love about these kits is because I haven't picked the items, I'm challenging myself out of my comfort zone and it's really working out for me....now I challenge you..yes you reading this to have a go at a layout using colours you never use...you might just surprise yourself!
Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment