Golden Moments

Its a lovely name for an absolutely gorgeous kit from Quirky Kits this month, full of wonderful patterns and fabulous little details. Here is how it first inspired me
These photos  - and I think the set of the show had an orangy cast which meant that the Mango cardstock  was a perfect foil. Leo included some sketches again this time and although her suggestion was to use white cardstock in the middle and a patterned backdrop, it made more sense for me to reverse it. The Kaisercraft A Touch of Gold Razzle patterned paper in black and white made a great base.

I trimmed some other pieces of the papers from the kit. I added some black stripes to the Kaisercraft A Touch of Gold Gleam paper to better echo Jack's striped suit. I also added more black, gold and orange triangles to the other side of the paper but in the end most of them were covered up!

I took some of the lovely American Crafts Dear Lizzy Documentary Rub on transfer embellishments and rubbed them on to white cardstock before cutting them out. I loved the circle from the Memorandum Gold Puffy Stickers so carefully trimmed out the words from the inside and laid it around the rub-on phrase that makes the subtitle.

I layered the photos, the two smaller ones are raised on foam pads and I added in the large gold paper clip.

I adore those great big American Crafts Gold Foiled chipboard Shoebox alphabet stickers and was going to try and eke them out a bit more. I stuck on the "24 hours" and then added die cut letters with some of the spare Mango cardstock (I gutted it before layering on the Touch of Gold Razzle paper). But the letters just didn't look right so I peeled them off and added more of the large ones. It was worth it (although don't look too hard at the paper underneath as not all of the die cut stickers came off as easily as they might do)

Just a sprinkling of more of the lovely gold embellishments and the layout was done -  and some golden moments captured


No comments:

Post a Comment