Happy Valentines

this month Leo sent me the fabulous Austen kit to play with. Work has been super busy and we are going away tomorrow to see our daughter for a few days so I've only been able to squeeze in time for one layout. And it has been a race against light to get it photographed. I'm not sure who won...
The beautiful My Minds Eye On trend 2 Elegant gold foiled patterned paper is probably not that easy to capture in any light. I love it so much I wanted to make it the main focus of the page, which meant that everything else fell together quickly. The page was also made speedy by the fact that I printed this photo at 5x7.
As today is Valentines Day I thought it only right that I made a layout that focusses on love...

I used the two Basic Grey papers as mats for the photo and also brought in the little green pattern from the printer strip. I cut three different sized hearts from the Doodlebug paper using a die with a stitched border and used those to being three embellishment clusters.
The top one has both the title and the journalling in it


I cut up three of the cut apart squares from the Simple Stories Life In Color 3x4 Journalling Card elements. One of them said "this is real life" so changed it to love. The red/white spots and the black/white stripes are from different squares. 

The bottom cluster has various elements from the Simple Stories Life in Color Ephemera die cut pack, layered together and raised up on foam dots
and the other has a Heidi Swapp puffy sticker and the month the photo was taken.



It all took about 30 minutes and is just beautiful in real life. Look at the foil
Just fabulous.

(I did add three little Maggie Holmes Shine gold dots as well)

I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter but it is hard going away with the kit all inspiring on my desk! I hope that you have had a happy love day and have a chance to create your heart out soon <3



No comments:

Post a Comment