Using your Quirky Kits for Project Life

Ok so you may have seen a project life style layout done by myself before. I do not do project life per say, but when I get a lot of photographs on one subject, instead of making 10 layouts about the same thing I like to do a pocket page spread...and trust me these are fun!!
I sometimes challenge myself when doing these kind of layouts to do a "grab 5" I learnt this technique from Adele from Inkie Quill on Youtube (she's fab!) So what I do is grab the photo's and glue etc I need (these don't count as your 5) I then pick a pack of embellishments, a pack of thickers/letters, maybe some enamel dots, maybe a cut-a-part sheet or PL style cards (which Leonora is now selling, pick some up in the subscribers extra's store, they're fantastic) and some puffy stickers. Then you pick your patterened papers and your off! The only rule is you MUST use at least one thing from each of the 5 you chose.
Here's what I came up with:
























Ok so I called this page day 2 because it was based around my 2nd day at Disneyland Paris last year. I used the sentiment thickers for this and embellished the title card with the Heidi Swapp puffy stickers both from the main kit and the arrow is from the Simple Stories Life in Colour ephemera pack.
 And here's how that turned out.
For the other cards I used a tag so I could use my date stamp so I remember the day.                          


















































and some more of the ephemera. I cut a 3x4 piece off of the 12x12 sheet of white cardstock and used this for my journaling. (I'm glad I can write in a straigh(ish) line lol)
I didn't want to embellish these photo's too much as they were already very busy so I kept decorations to a minimum..but as they say, less is more!
I hope you like my layout, feel free to try the grab 5 and comment on this photo of how you get on. I'd love to see them!
Happy Scrapping, Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment