Poor old silver

Gold has really taken over the bling stakes in scrapbooking I know and as the Simple Stories Life in Color Ephemera die cut pack had pieces with silver as well as gold accents I thought I would give some love to the silver.
There isn't much patterned paper on this page - because as this is the 5th layout to come from my combination of main kit and embellishment kit, there wasn't much paper left! What you see is a combination of the cut apart sheet from Simple Stories (life in colour) and a Project Life sweet editions card where I added silver pen to the gold and some of the black swirls on the card. I made some little accents by painting some cardstock with aqua and silver paints and then cutting them out with circle punches.

I had planned out my page quite carefully and then, once I had decided on my title, on a complete whim decided to hand write it using a metallic silver brush pen. This meant I had to totally change what everything else looked like. I'm still not sure if it was a good decision or not! I grabbed all of my left overs and layered up the papers (the Project Life card has been cut in two, it was big but not that big!). I added the splash of yellow as well as some red accents because the downside of silver is that it can look a little cold.
The butterfly has no significance - it was just too pretty not to use!
I did add in the red sticky dots but apart from that everything has come from the Quirky Kits and I am calling my Austen kit officially killed. (I still have a lot of embellishments - those kits are so generous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment