Hello April

So I've managed to catch up on my Project Life (up to this layout anyway, I'm now a couple of weeks behind) As mentioned in the last post there was soooo much with this kit Leo has for sure outdone herself! As well as a 12x12 layout I will be uploading next week I've got a few project life style layouts to share with you so sit back, grab a cuppa and have a read on how I created this latest layout using the March/April Quirky Kit.


The colours on this layout, to me, scream spring & happy and April was a really fun month for me. Here's how I created this layout.

Products Used:

  • Amy Tangerine Peanut Butter & Jelly 12x12 patterned cardstock (both sides)
  • 12x12 sheet of White Cardstock
  • 12x12 Bazzill Jetstream Cardstock
  • Simple Stories Carpe Diem Cardstock stickers
  • Simple Stories Carpe Diem Bits & Pieces
  • Pink Fresh Studio Felicity Die Cuts
  • Pink Fresh Studio Life Noted Rubber Charms
  • Pink Fresh Studio Felicity Puffy Sequin Stickers
  • Cut out sheet of Label Embellishments
  • Fancy Pants Attwell Black & White strip puffy alphabet stickers
  • Fancy Pants Attwell Aqua puffy alphabet stickers
  • Fancy Pants Attwell Yellow Chevron Washi Tape
  • Whisper Studio Co. Hot Pink Twine
  • Whisper Studio Co. Blue and Yellow bakers twine
  • Growing Flower Charm
Here's how it was created:
Firstly I picked the Amy Tan Peanut Butter and Jelly cardstock and used my guillotine to cut three 4x12 inch strips. One of the strips I placed aside for now. With the other two I cut them to make four 4x6 cards. These will be the base of the main windows. With the other strip I laid aside I cut that into four 4x3 cards and used the other side of the cardstock for a contrasting colour.

My Title Card
I used a small piece of the white cardstock to back my title so it stood out more using one of the carpe diem chipboard stickers which says hello and spelling APRIL out with the Fancy Pants Attwell back and white puffy alphas. As I associate April with showers and sunny spells I themed my card around the weather using the rain cloud and umbrella from the Carpe Diem chipboard stickers and the sun from the Carpe Diem bits and pieces. I ran a strip of the Attwell yellow chevron washi tape down the right side to bring in some more of that bright yellow. I finished this card off with the Pink Fresh Studio Felicity ephemera which fittingly said spring is in the air, and as Carpe Diem means Seize the moment I added that too.



2nd Card
On this card I started by matting my photo's which I'd created in my Pic Stitch App onto some of the Bazzill Jetstream cardstock to soften the busy camera background of the Peanut Butter and Jelly cardstock. For decoration I threaded the growing flower charm onto some of the Whisper Studio Co. Hot Pink twine and wraped it around the card adhering it to the back where no one would see it. In between my photo's I used one of the Pink Fresh Studio Life Noted rubber charm stickers which says smile. I backed the PFS Felicity life in pictures tag onto one of the woodgrain cut out Labels Leo included in the kit and finished this layout off with two green puffy sequin from the PFS Felicty collection, one either side of the label.


Cards 3 & 4
For these two cards I didn't use many embellishments. The left card I just added the heart arrow ephemera and the Real Life tag from the Carpe Diem Bit's and Pieces collection.
The card on the right I used the frame from the PFS Felicity die cuts to frame my picture along with the 3 hearts I adhered to the bottom of it and the funky loopy arrow is from the Simple Stories Carpe Diem cardstock stickers. (Any one here watch The Walking Dead and screamed NOOOO when season 6 ended on such a cliffhanger?? I know I did and as the picture says 187 days to wait! Roll on October!)


Cards 5&6
Again not much embellishment on these two as I didn't feel they needed it. The left card I wrote up my journalling on my Silhouette Studio design software on my laptop and used one of the sketch pens instead of the blade to write. (This is a really funky technique and if anyone would like me to share with them via email how I do it please feel free to get in touch with me) I am preferring the look of typed cards to my own hand writing at the moment as I feel it looks more professional. For decorations, on both cards I used one of the sentiment labels from the Simple Stories Carpe Diem Bits & Pieces and one of the PFS Felicity die cuts.


Card 7
I can't remember if I intentionally chose the B side of the Peanut butter & jelly cardstock for this card or not, I like the outcome regardless. I matted my photo onto some white cardstock to make it pop and used the Fancy Pants Attwell black and white stripe puffy alphas to spell out my #nails title (I love painting my nails) I wrote a small piece of journalling on one of the tags that came with the PFS Felicity die cuts and used the pink heart from the same collection. I then used the black and white arrow and the polka dot heart from the Carpe Diem bits and pieces and the Live Colourfully from the Carpe Diem cardstock stickers, finishing off with some of the PFS Felicity puffy sequins.


The last card
I once again matted my photo's on white cardstock and across the middle wrote BRIGHTON using the Fancy Pants Attwell aqua puffy alpha stickers (say that 3 times fast haha!) for embellishments I used the life piece and the dream big cloud from the Carpe Diem bits & piece and cut up the blue and yellow piece from PFS Felicity die cuts pack, into 2 pieces, tucking both of them under the cloud piece. I finished off by wrapping around the bottom of the card some of the Whisper Studio Co. blue and yellow bakers twine and VOILA!!!

I hope you all had a lovely April and have had lots of time playing with your kits I would love to see them feel free to tag me in them on your instagrams my username is instamemories86. Until next week, Happy Scrapping everyone xx
~Zoe~

No comments:

Post a Comment