Biophilia

Hello everyone!

My name is Natalie and this is my first blog post on the Quirky Kits blog - so exciting! This is a layout I created using the beautiful September/October Quirky Kits. It's titled "Biophilia" because that is the name of the ball that my friends and I went to. I thought the blue of my dress went really well with the colours of this kit, and as the ball was nature themed the flowers worked perfectly. All of the papers on this layout are from the new Pinkfresh Studios Indigo Hills collection, apart from the white and yellow cardstock. 

I started off with the stripy paper called "Palisade" from the main kit "Willow", which I absolutely love. I did want to make it the whole background for the page, however it was just too busy, so I cut a strip approximately 6" high to glue onto white cardstock. I made sure my strip included the yellow and light and dark blue triangles, as these are the colours I wanted to emphasise on this page. 

I matted my photo first on Pinkfresh Studios Indigo Hills "Blue Valley" from the main kit, and then onto Bazzill Swiss Dot Butter cardstock, which has a lovely embossed dot pattern.


Next I fussy cut out the small flowers and leaves on stems from the "Moorland" paper, and the large round flowers from the "Hillside" paper. I layered these on two corners of the photo and the top right corner of the layout, alongside the lovely gold diecut leafs, which were a Quirky Kit exclusive in the Custom Cards Kit "Hazel". I added some gold Maggie Holmes Gather tiny word stickers, and Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills chipboard hearts from the Embellishment kit. 




Finally for my journalling, I spent far longer than I wish to admit, twisting the "Palisade paper around looking for an orientation were I could have the yellow and blue triangles showing, but also have some horizontal stripes so I could journal straight onto the paper. That failed, so I ended up cutting a triangle of pale blue paper with black spots from the "Dover" paper in the extras shop, which I journalled on. I then added my title using American Crafts Spearmint Glazed Chipboard Thickers, which match the pale blue in the Indigo Hills collection perfectly, and have a lovely glitter finish with a faint book print beneath - beautiful! I added a die cut from the Indigo Hills die cut pack and some more tiny word stickers. To finish I added some splatters of gold Heidi Swapp Colour Shine from my stash. 



I'm really pleased with this layout - fairly simple but I wanted to keep the focus on the lovely professional photo we had taken at the ball! 

Have a lovely scrappy weekend, and see you soon for my next layout with this beautiful kit!

Natalie x


No comments:

Post a Comment