#remember Graduation 2013-16

Hello everyone! 

     I am so happy to announce that I'm a new member of Quirky Design Team, so I decided that my first post will be a traditional layout share with a photo of me, which would be an interesting way to introduce myself to you. For a while, I have been struggling to find a spare moment to scrapbook my graduation photos and also I wasn’t ready. But when I received the kits and saw how beautiful they are, I knew it's time to get on with it finally. Additionally, soon I'll start my first professional job that is relevant to my degree, which means that I need to close this chapter of my life. University degree has been a long dream of mine and finally I have achieved it, there are so many emotions to go through, but when I was creating this layout, it helped to sort them out. Okay, enough background information on the layout and let’s turn our attention to the creation of the actual layout. 


     I was using September/October Scots Pine Lite and Willow Main kit and here is the detailed list of materials of the kit I used

Scots Pine Lite kit:
  • American Crafts Snapshot phrase Thickers foam stickers
  • Crate Paper Gather foiled phrase stickers embellishment pack
  • Crate Paper Gather Details patterned paper

Willow Main kit:
  • The tissue paper as part of kit packaging
  • Bazzill Swiss Dot Front Porch cardstock 12” x 12” inch sheet
  • Crate Paper Gather So Sweet patterned paper
  • Simple Stories Hello Fall, Piles of Smiles patterned paper
  • Simple Stories The Reset Girl, Speckle/Plus Signs patterned paper
  • American Crafts DIY shop Library Pocket Cards embellishment pack
  • Freckled Fawn woodgrain washi tape
  • American Crafts Jen Chunky Gold Glitter Thickers foam
  • Ephemera Squares embellishments
  • Custom cut apart label sheet  

    Another point that I believe needs to be mentioned is that this layout was created using the inspiration sketches booklet that came as part of the kit. However, I changed it up a bit - didn't use two pictures, because my picture was printed in a larger size of 7x5 than the usual 4x6. Moreover, I really wanted to add DIY shop library pocket cards on the layout for my journaling spot rather than another photo. 

The sketch used was top row on the right side
     The first thing I chose was the background paper and the patterned paper stripes I want, as you can see the background I selected is lighter than the stripes to ensure that it is balanced. Each stripe was cut 2” wide and 10” length and layered all of the stripes over each other on the background paper. Then I decided that I need to add bright colour to the background of the photo for two reasons – without the colour, the layout would be too dark and to ensure that the focus is brought back to the photo rather than the background. Moreover, I wanted to add the library pocket card to my layout, but the problem was that those pocket cards are in creamy colour, so to warrant that it doesn’t jump out I added yellow tissue paper behind my photo. Now I have two layers of paper behind my photo and the bright coral colour was introduced, which mean that when embellishing the pocket card I made use of it.


     Now just the journaling spot and the title have left to do, to embellish the pocket card I used the square embellishments, cut apart labels and washi tape and also I added stamps from my stash. Finally, this time the title was a challenge for me, as I have never used any glittery alphabet stickers in my layouts before. To find the right balance I decided to use two types of alphabets for the title - black phrase thickers and the glittery ones. After adding the glittery gold title, I felt that I need to add small gold phrase stickers on the pocket card. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and I have inspired you to get using this beautiful kit, Agnese..

No comments:

Post a Comment