We Found a Waterfall | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | March/April 2017

I'm back again with another layout. I was inspired to make a big title layout with the Jillibean Soup Bowl of Dreams Die Cut Alphabet Set.

So I started with some white cardstock (pretty usual for me) and selected my photo. I chose a selfie my husband took when we were on holiday in Wales last year when we went on a trek (I nearly didn't make it!!) to go and find a waterfall. 

So I had to decide where I wanted to place my giant title. I knew I wanted it to the left of the page and the photograph to the right.

I trialled my title in a couple of positions before committing to it and sticking it down. I lined my title up so it was parallel to the left edge of the cardstock.

I then also lined it up so the title was parallel to where the photo would be placed and I found that I liked this placement much more.

I committed to this placement and got it stuck down but some tacky glue.

It left too much of a white space to the right so I grabbed the Wish paper from Pink Fresh Studios from the Main Kit and placed a strip of this down the right of the page. I loved the symbolism of this paper as it reminded me of a waterfall with those falling triangles. 

I then moved onto my paper layers. The colours in this kit really speak to me and I love that there are a lot of colours to work with. This helps with having lots of options when embellishing. 

So I grabbed my papers and started cutting rectangles from Jillibean Soup, Bowl of Dreams, Think with Purpose paper (both sides) and Jillibean Soup, Bowl of Dreams, Make Magic. I then tore some of the edges to give it a little bit of interest and stuck all of my layers together.

You'll notice that I try and make sure I have the same colours on both sides of the photo so where I have the paper with the crosses on to the left of the photo, I have also mirrored this over to the right to balance it.

Then onto the embellishing. So I decided to create almost a waterfall of embellishments down the right side of the photo. So I used the Elle's Studio Live Laugh Love Bits and Pieces Die Cut Shapes packed and placed a label banner and a date die cut above the photo. These colours matched in perfectly with the browns in the alphas to the left.

Then I continued to the bottom of the photo with another label tab, a camera from the Jillibean Soup Pea Pod Parts Die Cut Set from the Lite Kit and a sticker from the Jillibean Soup Bowl of Dreams alphabet and embellishment sticker sheet, also from the Lite Kit.

I felt it was a little imbalanced so added a small strip of the paper from the right to the left, used some arrows from the Jillibean Soup Pea Pod Parts Die Cut Set, a few tiny word stickers from the Jillibean Soup Bowl of Dreams alphabet and embellishment sticker sheet and finally a rubber camera from Pinkfresh Studio Dream On, Rubber Chips embellishments from the Embellishment Kit.

I love how this layout turned out. So colourful. No need for journalling as the title tells the story.
I hope this inspires you to try a layout with a big title.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment