Welcome to Beijing - Natalie


Hello everyone! 

I'm back with my third layout using the Mar/Apr Quirky Kit (even if it is now mid June and the May/June kits will be here anyday)! 



I love the succulents paper from the Main Kit by Kaisercraft's Wildflower collection, so I went looking for some photos that would match this. I decided on these water lily photos from my trip to Beijing last summer. 


I used "Wish" from Pinkfresh Studio's collection "Dream On", which I just absolutely love, and I've already used it as a background before (luckily I bought extra sheets in the extras shop!). 

I cut a piece of the Succulents paper around 8 inches tall, and cut out 2 green scalloped borders from the Elle's Studio paper in the Main Kit from their "Live Laugh Love" collection. 



For my title I used an alpha set from my stash, as I thought the mix of pink and green matched the photos perfectly. And then I handwrote the rest of the title - the first time I've ever done that! 
And I added the "Happiness" ephemera piece from the Elle's Studio ephemera pack in the Main Kit. I added 3 pink enamel dots and an enamel heart (from the Freckled Fawn pack in the embellishment kit). The title is on a piece of woodgrain paper, from Elle's Studio - you could also use the woodgrain tag from the ephemera pack, but I already used that on my previous layout! I cut the piece of paper on one side to make it look like a flag banner - a theme which runs across the page. 

By placing the woodgrain paper next to my vertical and horizontal photo, I created a rectangular block, a good way to use multiple photos on a layout!


I created a cluster in the bottom left to separate the two photos. All of these pieces came from the ephemera pack in the Main Kit. And I added an enamel heart from the Marianne Designs Project NL enamel dots which were in the extras shop, and co-ordinate perfectly with the kits.


Finally I've still got an addiction to diagonal Heidi Swapp Colour Shine splatters! And added some enamel dots from the Freckled Fawn and Marianne Designs packs.



So here is my finished page, I hope you like it! 
The colour scheme is quite similar to my previous scrapbook layout "Beautiful Yangjiang", however they are from separate trips to China so will be different albums! 

Hope you are all looking forward to the new kits!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment