Wish Upon A Star | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2017

So.....I've come to the end of my kit and I have NO patterned paper left. Doesn't matter as this layout will show you how you can create a layout without the need for patterned paper and still make it interesting.

I took inspiration from the wooden stars and silver star sequins from the Lite Kit.


I wanted to create a shooting star effect and so used the twine and wooden stars as detailed in this photo. I poked holes in the blue cardstock to thread the twine through. I used some silver twine from my stash for the middle stars to create some interest (and also I ran out of the white twine from the kit - oops!!)











Next I had to tackle the problem of patterned paper. Or should I say, lack of patterned paper. I went with a small photo which I cut down to 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch and backed this with some white cardstock. Next I used some vellum from my stash and did a double layer of this to create some texture.

Hey presto - who needs patterned paper?









I then set about working on my title. I used the silver Heidi Swapp alphas from the Main Kit and I was so lucky to have the correct letters to spell out most of my title. I then pulled some Thickers from my stash (Fitzgerald font - which is my absolute fave). This complemented the Heidi Swapp alphas amazingly well.









I also added the word "dream" to the top twine to create some more interest. I then added a whole load of the star sequins, iridescent sequins and I also used the white gel pen from the embellishment kit to add some hand drawn stars.



See you all for the next kit!!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment