Happy Day - Natalie


Hello everyone,

I'm back today with another layout using the Jul/Aug Quirky Kit! 

This time I was inspired by Zoe to create a wreath using those beautiful florals!
I actually cut out all these flowers over summer when I was at home from university and didn't have many scrap supplies, so this layout was very quick and easy to make as all the hard work had already been done!


I really love using subtle patterned papers as my background, particularly woodgrain, so I chose to use this beautiful grey woodgrain (Echo park Summer Fun "Sweet Treats", Lite Kit).

The floral paper is so beautiful (Maggie Holmes Carousel "Belle", Main Kit) but very delicate so rather than fussy cutting straight against the lines I left a thin white border around the flowers, which I actually really like. Around the floral wreath I alternated sticking the flowers straight on the paper, and layering with foam pads (Main Kit), to give dimension. As the picture below shows I cut out some of the smaller flowers and used the foam pads to add them on top of the bigger floral piece, to add even more 3D dimension. Unlike Zoe I decided to leave the flowers uncoloured.



For the title I decided to use this fussy cut phrase (MH Carousel, "Happy Go Lucky", Lite Kit), again I had already fussy cut all the phrases from this paper ready to use. From this one sheet of paper you have so many title options, it's brilliant!
I really liked how the bright yellow contrasted with the more muted tones of the rest of the layout. And again I used foam pads to lift the title off the page.


Around the wreath I scattered these small blue and yellow flower die cuts (Pretty Little Studio Dream Big Die Cuts, Main Kit), to add a further pop of colour. 





I added two of these chipboard tiny word phrases (Freckled Fawn, Lite Kit). I love these as they just add so much more dimension than normal tiny word stickers, and I love the type writer font.


Finally I added a small amount of journaling, which I typed on my computer using a typewriter font. 


I hope you like my layout, and it gives you another way to use that beautiful floral paper!

Natalie x





No comments:

Post a Comment