Love is in the Air

Hey everyone! I am here with my the first layout I created with the Jan/Feb Main kit 2018.
This year has already been a whirlwind with lots of changes taking place...but for the better! My main goal for 2018 was to move out of home (as I'm 32 and was still living at home) Well after a couple of weeks into January, I can happily say I have already smashed that goal. I have gotten together with my best friend of 10 years and we are now a couple and I've moved into his flat with him... I really couldn't be happier!
So with some hints of valentines in this kit I can FINALLY create my first valentines day layout. Here is what I used and how I created the layout, I hope you like it xx

From the Main Kit:
  • Echo Park I'd rather be Crafting - Supply List 12x12 paper (b side)
  • PFS Let your heart Decide - 1 frame
  • PFS In The Mix #2 - Grey puffy alphabet
  • Kaisercraft Finders Keepers - Sticker Sheet
  • Kaisercraft Wooden Embellishments
  • Paige Evans Pick me up - #13 
  • Sheet of white cardstock for matting my photo's
From my own stash:

  • The clouds were left over from a cut file I used for another project.
  • The hearts on the clouds were from a previous Quirky Kit, its the Paige Evans Oh My Heart paper full of hearts.

Here's how I created the layout!

I started by placing one of my photo's behind the PFS frame and the other one on top slightly and next to it. I then collected all the leftover hearts I had from a cutfile which I used on another project, and lay them out here and there, where I thought they looked good. I mounted them on double sided foam tape to give them a 3-d effect and cut out a small heart from the Paige Evans Oh my Heart paper from a previous quirky kit, to lay on each cloud.





















I then decided on the title I wanted, and knew I wanted to incorporate the Acrylic LOVE which is gorgeous! So I settled on Love is in the Air, because of the clouds hehe..
I adhered this slightly on top of the photographs, and finished the title off with the PFS Grey Puffy Alphas, which are perfect size for project life or subtitles etc I love the size!




















On top of the framed photograph I used one of the wooden word embellishements which reads Smile, and used another reading Dream Big in the top right hand corner to balance out the page, along with one of the cut outs from the Paige Evans Pick me up paper, which says you're special.





















I finished off by adding a boarder strip from the Kaisercraft Finders Keepers sticker sheet as well as some of the circular sentiment stickers which I backed onto white cardstock.
That's the layout completed!





















My partner really likes it and said he wants to get some frames for the layouts I make of us together, and pop them on the wall. It's so nice to be able to share this, once dreaded day for singletons, now happily together with my bestie for life as a couple. Here's to more loved up layouts lol.
I hope you like the finished result and I will be back soon, with my next layout...Until then Happy Scrapping!
   x Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment