Packing it in

These Quirky Kits are packed with so many different goodies. I do love a kit that puts together papers from different manufacturers. "Packing it in" also refers to the fact that we are now endeavouring to visit all the local sights we have put off for 13 years, before they won't be local any more. And this layout is about one of them

I'm not really into "matchy matchy" layouts where the paper colours all have to go with the colours in the photos. And that is just as well when the key colour in the photos is brown. One of the only drops of colour is the red breast of the cockerel so the Crate Paper Storyteller Trademark was a must. And the sunshine colours just came from there really. When using lots of different colours with colour photos I think it helps to make sure the photos are framed in some way and the papers are inked around the edges to add definition.  As the museum is full of curios I decided to sprinkle a variety of buttons across the page, all threaded with yellow floss.

Whilst looking through blogs I saw someone had used this very ribbon with sticky backed gems in between each image (sorry, I can't remember where I saw it )and that gave me the idea of adding a little bit of ruching with french knots
It was a bit fiddly and needed a lot of strong red tape underneath but I think it captures the rather eccentric feel of the tithe barn.
I used three  Elle Studio tags - if there are any with pointy edges (as with "Documented" I tend to cut round them more closely as I find this pleases my eye better than lots of rectangles. The American Craft thickers and some silver stars later and I was ready for the journalling.
I have a handy little gadget that is made from acetate that marks out even lines for you, which is why the lines are so neatly spaced. I draw them in pencil first in case I don't need them all but then go over with black pen without a ruler to give a more hand drawn feel.
Can you spot the new word in the journalling?
Sometimes when you make mistakes it is better to leave them there than trying to make it better. And it will teach me to concentrate when I am journalling. (Sigh)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lythan, love this page and totally agree about the non-matching papers. I was wondering how you do your journalling - what's the acetate gadget that you use?

    ReplyDelete