Getting things down

This kit came at a perfect time for me as life is full of retrospection. This layout shares just a few observations about living at this house. Although there is a LOT of journalling, there is also a lot of detail, thanks to all the inspirational papers and embellishments in the kit.

I used the MME Follow Your Heart Be Happy paper as a base which helped to get my creative juices going. How?
Well firstly, on the bottom of the page are some printed strips saying "a few of my favorite things" which would have been perfect but for the American spelling of favourite. I looked through the Elle Studio tags and found one that would fit so now the title is "a few of my collected memories and things". I also outlined the faux strips of paper to make them stand out.

 In fact I utilised one of my favourite scrapbooking technique of outlining everything with a black sharpie pen. I always go a bit wrong somewhere which means that I have to be extra creative to hide the mistakes! (see behind the wooden butterfly for example).

Secondly, at the top right of the page were some little red tags printed into the paper. I liked them but wanted  to make a bigger feature of the tags so I hand cut pennants of different sizes and shapes from the papers in the kit that co-ordinated with my photo. I also fussy cut some flowers from the Studio Calico paper to soften things a bit.

As you can see from the close up I added a few dots of black glimmer mist to the paper. The honeycomb effect paper is in fact one of the glassine envelopes in the kit which went through a Spellbinders embossing folder. I really like that effect.

With regards to the journalling, I quite like going for stream of consciousness writing where I know what the subject is but not necessarily all I am going to say. I keep a careful eye on the space to know when to stop. it is easier than you might think so why not try having a large block of journalling on your next layout?



2 comments:

  1. Love this page - what a fab idea to emboss the glassine paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this one Lythan - love the whole red white and blue vibe with such a modern twist and what an inspired idea to run the glassine envelopes through an embossing folder - must give that one a go

    ReplyDelete