So happy

I was so happy when the Postie brought me the new kits yesterday. Boy are they awesome!
I decided to start by using the main kit - Pocket Full of Posies
When I am scrapping with a kit I tend to print up a load of photos at random and then say "now what could go with what" in a fairly random way. So I am also so happy that the colours in one photo I had picked out just seemed to match perfectly with the kit

Even the cardstock is the same colour as the dried out grass they are sitting on!
To make the background more interesting I used a Studio Calico mask and Picket Fence Distress Stain. Initially the chevrons were pointing downwards but when I turned the page around I was much happier with it. That is the beauty of 12x12

I cut away at several of the papers, fussy cutting flowers and frames and creating chevron strips with notched ends. I layered up the yellow heart paper and the stripe (which matches almost exactly the check pattern on my daughters clothes. Happy sigh) And then spent ages moving things around until I liked the placement. 

The little tags were just perfect for writing on who they were supposed to be (It is obvious really, well apart from Barbie possibly)
I snipped most of the cotton away and mounted them on foam tags, as I did the cut out flowers.
I think Leo did an amazing job of finding paper flowers that were the exact match in terms of colour
I squished the flower down a bit so it fits better in an album and coiled the stem around a pencil.
Hope this kit makes you happy too!




1 comment:

  1. Love this.Lythan. the chevrons look great and I love the cut out frames.

    Im saving my kits for a scrappy weekend away with friends in a couple of weeks so will be watching the blog with interest for ideas

    ReplyDelete