Sew There!

I've been playing with the set of Fashion templates from Crafty Templates this week and have a couple of cards to share.
Bubble Dress

I cut the template 3 times in different sizes
To make the "cutting board" background I used an image I found on the net, cropped, resized and printed it directly onto a piece of A4 card.  I then folded and cut it to achieve an 14cm card blank  square card.
I knew I had some paper featuring sewing patterns and notions somewhere in my stash - in fact I'm sure I have two different sorts, but despite a good old search I could only find the one, so have used it on both cards.
The little care label is another internet image, which I used Paint Shop Pro to change the wording on before printing.
The flower decorations are made with Card Candy and Stickles, I added some tape which has measurements on it and a couple of coloured-headed pins

Full Skirt Dress
This one has a bit of a vintage feel, I think so the chintzy, 
flowery paper works well
I cut the dress template twice, trimming off some of the upper section on the flowered print to reveal the plain "petticoat" layer beneath
I've used seam binding to make a scarf collar and tie, plus a gathered cummerbund
More of the Sewing patterned paper along with Ribbons, button, velvet ric-rac and a few flat-backed pearls to finish.

Find out all you need to know about Crafty Templates and Quirky Kits by clicking HERE!

That's it for this time
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment