New kits are out!

The brand new Quirky Kits are out now. Subscribers if you've not already got yours it should be landing with you any time now.
The brand new main kit is 'Urbaine'


I wanted to combine a few different ideas with this kit. Overall I wanted it to work for everyday scrapbooking so there's no fixed theme but I also wanted it to reflect the time of year. Last summer we had a lovely beachy feeling kit with the 'Milk Bar' if you can remember that one? So for this years kit I wanted to do something different so thought about summer in an urban environment. It also allowed me to mix in a few current trends like the little hints of neon colour. I know neon can be a little intimidating so I tried to include it but in a subtle way. I've combined natural greens and woodgrains with the brighter colours but there's also lots of white to make the hints of brighter colours pop more. Overall my hope was to create the look of neon but not in an intimidating way anyway ;)
With the whites in the kit you can also experiment with another trend using white on white. I've seen this popping up a lot across blogs and I think it looks great so there are papers, embellishments and stickers to allow you to experiment with the look on your pages. I also included a sheet of black card with your kit so you can go the total opposite way and use the white embellishments against the black to create a more dynamic look.
As usual I'll be looking for inspiration around the web and pinning it to the Pinterest page for this kit which you can find here, http://pinterest.com/craftytemplates/urbaine-and-skyline-julyaugust-quirky-kits/
They'll be lots of ideas and inspiration here over the coming weeks up to the release of the next kit at the end of September. Can't wait to see what you start to create with the new kits!
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment