Deep soul journalling

I recently treated myself to an online workshop on Two Peas - Scrapbooking form the Soul by the awesome scrapper Jill Sprott. She encourages you to go a bit deeper in your journalling and express something deep.
It inspired this layout which turned out way different than I imagined.
It again uses the Skyline kit - but you would never think it was the same set of papers as my last layout
I was first inspired by the sunburst paper and had decided to use the two photos and chipboard frames a little like they are now. It was as I pondered where to put the journalling that I felt compelled to write the whole story of the big chop and how I feel about it.

Initially I had a picture in my head of some black ink dots and lots of words with the photos etc covering up some of the journalling permanently.  I had also meant to stick down the triangle that I had cut from the corner of the other side of the yellow paper but lost it temporarily on my desk (as you do). So I merrily splodged away with black Mr Huey and then began to write. The paper actually makes it easy as it has a subtle grid pattern on it that keeps the writing straight.
I'm not sure how heartfelt it really is - but it is long!
And once it was written, although I liked the concept of losing some of the words, I found I didn't want to. So I came up with a plan B which was to add a transparency top layer.
Which is what I did.
I found an A4 sized transparency, trimmed it down slightly and added it on top of the page with a strip of Washi tape (from the I'm with the Band kit). As I was playing with transparency I decided to turn one of the slides into a little shaker embellishment. I simply sandwiched some of the sequins from the kit between two small squares of transparency, stuck with thin red double sided tape. I did add some black sequins from my stash as black was such a strong colour in the layout.
and one of the stickers provided a finishing touch.

I took a while thinking of the title and was pleased with the punning half a phrase I used. I don't actually write "gone tomorrow" anywhere because you either get it or it doesn't matter. And it is about H's hair, today. I started by placing the thickers on the chipboard slide au naturel. I do like the subtle woodgrain effect but then felt they would be better black. Like the camera in the bottom right hand corner. And the frame at the top. I am very fond of black you know
I snipped up a sticker for the feature in the bottom right (slightly squiffily it seems)
I spent a fair while playing with the elements in the top left corner. Painting the frame black helped. All the black was added with my trusty Sharpie pen. I say pen, would it surprise you to know that I have a few on the go at any one time?
The last touch was adding the yellow inky dots to the bottom left as it was feeling neglected.



No comments:

Post a Comment