Creative Resolutions and Solutions

Hi!
Leo back again and I've got a couple of finished projects to share. At the end of my last post I said I'd got a layout project to share with new years resolutions and here that is first. I decided to make them creative ones and then I'll see if I can make some more pages as the year goes on to see what the outcomes are. I've mixed up all my kit bits and pieces so it's a layout using a jumble of all three November/December kits.


I really love this star diecut paper in the main kit and I've used it on the layout fixing it to the card background with 3D foam pads so that there's a little definition in the star cut outs. I've also cut out pieces of the gold cardstock from the Lite kit and used it behind the star cut outs.

The sub title I've hand cut out from the gold card. It was one of the ideas I had when I put the gold card in the Lite kit as I've seen lots of cut out titles as a trend just lately and adding that to the on trend use of metallic foil gold as an accent and I think it works quite well?


It was really easy to do I just used a paint program to write out the title making sure the letters were touching and then printed it out on the back of the gold cardstock using the 'print mirror image' print function on the printer. It should be under your printer properties when you're printing out or you could mirror the text before you print instead.

Next I've got another crafty organizing idea to share.
I have lots of little ribbon and trim off cut pieces and so I was thinking of a way to organize them and trying to incorporate using up some stash like my last post about making the scrapbook notebook. I set about sketching out some ribbon wraps but instead of making them simple cards I thought I'd give them a bit of character and at the same time making them into something that could be decorated so I came up with these cat and bow ribbon wraps. I've made them into a printable so if you want to download them just click on the image bellow.


The ribbons and trims I put into colours or type and then just wrapped them around and cut notches in the edges of the cards to fix the ends in so they can be pulled away from the wrap.

I kept mine simple and printed them on a thick brown cardstock but you could also print them on patterned paper then glue them to a cardstock and cut them out or add colour to them with pens or paints.
I've got a couple more organizing ideas that I'll get onto later on next week.

Tomorrow is the start of the CHA mega trade show where lots of the craft manufacturers debut their latest collections. I've already been busy picking out what's caught my eye and picking up on the 2014 trends so far from the new collections and I've put together some little inspiration boards that I'll share through the CHA week so look out for those popping up here and/or on Twitter. I'm also working on the finishing touches to the next kits coming up at the end of the month there's a Pinterest board to check out where I've been pinning sneaks and inspiration, http://www.pinterest.com/craftytemplates/januaryfebruary-2014-quirky-kits-pinboard/
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment