Now You Are Five - with Daily Countdown

Hello, and a Happy New Year to you all!

Are you back to normality yet? For me, not so much, I have a fair bit of housework to catch up on when the kids go back to school!

Christmas is a busy time for everyone but when there is a birthday thrown into the mix, there is a fair bit of extra thinking to be done. So I wasn't planning on having a huge celebration for DS2's 5th Birthday but he clearly had big expectations and I really didn't have the heart to let him down! So here we were 4 days before Christmas...
I used 3 PPs from the main kit to make this layout, AT Grainy Goodness, Heidi Swapp Playful and the GORGEOUS Pink Paislee Spectrum. Sometimes I think that you have to let the beauty of a particular paper shine through, and this is one of those occasions. I kept my layout fairly minimal for this reason. For dimension and interest I did some machine sewing on the chevron arrows, part fussy cutting the star out of the playful PP and lifting out the points and added delicious little gold accents here and there with washi, stickers and embossing powder.
You may wonder why there is a gold-embossed veneer arrow seemingly dumped in the middle of the second photo? If you look very closely you can see framed within two little halfmoon shapes which are DS3's teethmarks... he climbed up the kitchen surface top, pulled the cake onto the floor and thankfully that was the only damage that was done before I caught him, disaster averted! Oh, and if you are really sharp eyed you may notice the date stamp says the 12 of Dec? Curse you mirror image rubber!! Still, I know that the date was the 21st and in years to come (when my work is a valuable antique obvs!:D) 9 days won't matter so much...

Any questions? Jot them down in the comments and I'll be happy to reply,

See you soon!

Nikki xxx

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are still in love with the sewing machine! Great layout Nik, at least the cake was in one bit.

    ReplyDelete