Making Layers

Hi Leo here!
I'm just catching up with what I've been making with the Beachy Peachy & Co kits.
One idea I wanted to try out was to use the crepe paper ribbon in the main kit to make a 'rosette' style embellishment. The rosette I made by first rolling up the crepe paper ribbon in a bundle then cutting off one edge with pinking scissors to give it a zig zag edge:

 I then stitched a large running stitch along the straight edge then pulled to gather the paper together in a 'ring' and glue in place then trimmed to make the rosette shape.


You could use them as they are or decorate them up some more. I cut out some paper pieces with circle dies and a butterfly and then stacked them up on top of the rosette and glued them in place.




This one I just used as a layer between two tags:


I also wanted to play around with the Colour Shine from the main kit and the wood shapes from the embellishment kit. I used the Colour Shine with the foam brush to colour two tags, one from the kit and the other I cut out from white cardstock, (using the kit tag as a template to cut around to get the tag shape). I poured out a little of the Colour Shine into a saucer then dipped the damp foam brush into it to paint the tags in the solid colour.
I used the paint from the embellishment kit to colour the wooden shapes to give them a pastel colour tone instead of the bare wood.
The rest of the layout is just built up layers of paper from the main kit. The little tag and peg are from the embellishment kit.

x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment