Playing with Paint 3

 Hello
If you remember, a few posts ago I shared a project made using a simple water coloured background with a trellis pattern over it.  One of the photos showed another background piece made the same way, but with the other 3 paints in the kit. This time I'm sharing the card I made using that background


Some people aren't fazed at all at the thought of using paints, but that's not me!  So, it's a case of keeping it simple and not trying to do any of that "proper" painting stuff!  

 I used the foam brush and 3 of the paints to just paint simple stripes, adding a bit of water to soften the edges.  I painted two pieces of card this way, one with the blue/greens I used the other week and the one you can see on today's card which used the lemon, pink and peach paints
I knew as soon as I saw the roll of peach coloured crepe paper in my Kit Box that some kind of flower was going to be made, and this background seemed perfect for the job, so I just trimmed it down, matted it onto some matching card and then adhered it to a white square card blank

My flower is made from about 20 petals, I folded the crepe paper several times and cut 2 sizes of petals using a Marion Smith die.
Having separated them all I dabbed each with some brilliance "Rocket Red" ink - which isn't at all red, btw!
I rolled a large embossing ball tool over all the petals then glued a first set of 5 of the larger ones onto a card circle, followed by a 2nd set just inside the first.
Round 3 and 4 were made in the same way, but on a smaller punched card circle which I then glued into the middle of the first lot. The centre is part of the die set I used, cut in black card
I adhered the finished flower in place, then cut some swirly flourishes with a Spellbinders die to add extra interest
Finally I stamped the sentiment with one of the stamps that comes in the Lawn Fawn set with the Kit


Kit items used:
Acrylic Paints
Foam Brush
Lawn Fawn stamps
Crepe Paper

Other stash
Card in toning shades, plus a scrap of black, Black Card Candy circle
petal dies, Swirl dies, Large ball embossing tool, Brilliance Rocket red ink pad


The flower is so delicate looking - very much like some of the orangey poppies I had in the garden at my last house (must try and grow some next year).  Although I used a petal die for this, I think it would work just as well making the petals from a couple of different sized circles - using the embossing tool really softens and shapes the crepe paper nicely. 
That's all for this time  - thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment