A little something to keep you going

While we are eagerly anticipating the next set of kits arriving soon, just waiting for a few more items to wing their way over from the States (anyone else imagine plucky birds carrying essential goodies in their beaks? Just me then). I thought I would share my last hurrah for this set of kits. I still have oodles of embellishments left, thanks to the generous helpings we get in each kit. But the papers? Barely a scrap left over.

There is a lot of shine in this that made it quite hard to photograph.

I started off with a sheet of white card stock and added some translucent texture paste and a tree bark stencil.
Well the embossing paste should have been translucent but someone (that would be me then) had managed to put a not clean palette knife in so it was a kind of dirty yellow.
Ah well. When that was dry I used the gelato smoosh technique where you scribble gelato onto plastic, add a teeny bit of water and smoosh it on your layout.

While that was drying I took the Crate Paper Craft Market ‘Stitching’ patterned paper and coloured in the flowers to match the colours I wanted to highlight from my photo. I did this with watercolour paints

It was so enjoyable!

And while that was drying I dug out some of my old punches, created butterflies and doilies and gave some interesting edges to the papers. I also layered blue paper under the rest of the woodgrain pieces to let them show more.

Everything got the black soot distress ink treatment and then I started putting layers together. Oooh I added some vellum behind the photo (another Missy Whidden copy) as it softens the layers but also let the lovely watercolour show through. 
It was all a bit fiddly but worth it in the end.

I added the title using the thickers from the kit and the alpha that you could buy in the shop, wrote in my journalling (happily I had added gelatos to a spot that didn't have the embossing paste on and it made for a pretty anchor for the text)
Then I dumped out all my embellishments and used as many as I felt I could without overpowering everything. Do you think I got the balance right?


No comments:

Post a Comment