Scrapbooking Day Full Circle

Hi Leo here!

In the last post I mentioned I was making another homemade album in 9"x12". I've finished the album now and started to fill it too. The base of the album I've used my tried and tested method I've shared funnily enough a year ago today when I added the album making worksheet for scrapbooking day last year and it's scrapbooking day again today! You can still download the PDF worksheet here, http://www.craftytemplates.co.uk/NSD/NSDHomemadeAlbumProject.pdf

The one change I did make is to have a narrower spine on this one and I left very little gap in between the spine and the cover pieces, (when you read the instructions this makes sense a bit more). It depends on the type of fabric you're using - this one I have has a bit of stretch to it so I made the spaces that form the 'hinges' of the album smaller to allow for the stretch in the fabric.


I also made another covered piece of card, (covered with more of the fabric) to decorate the inside spine of the album:


As before I've picked out some twine to fix in the pages. There's not reason you can't use something else you wanted, like a ring binder fitting inside or bookrings, (you'd need to make holes in the sides for bookrings instead of the spine). The beauty of a homemade album is the complete flexibility you have with both the size and the design.


Inside the album I'm using a variety of mixed sized page protectors. The 9"x12" size is almost impossible to get, (although I have discovered that you can get sheet music covers this size so that's something to look into) so to solve this I've used some 12"x12" size ones cut down. This one is a Project Life Design F page protector with three of the pockets down the right side cut off to make it 9"x12". This is so easy to do and you also get three extra pockets you can recycle into shaker or memorabilia pouches.


I made a shaker pouch for this layout. I trimmed out one of the pockets from the cut off bit of page protector:

Then filled it with some of the sequins and confetti pieces from the March/April kits and sealed the edges with sewing machine stitching. You could use washi tape to seal around the edges too instead of sewing.

As an extra I glued the pouch to one of the vellum tags from the main kit:


This is the page built up ready for the shaker embellishment. I've used two layers of patterned paper from the lite kit this time and some embellishments from the main kit with a stamp image on top:


Here's the finished page with the finished shaker embellishment. I added one of the Kaisercraft stickers from the embellishment kit on top, you could use any of the alphas too to make the same effect. 

The only thing I think I'll add to this is some journalling in the bottom right corner?

This whole page is a 8.5"x11" which is one of the sizes I'm adding to my 9"x12" album.

I wanted to do the next page on the back of this one so I started the next bit by building up more layers of patterned paper keeping within the 8.5"x11" size so when it was done I could glue it to the back of the previous page and use both sides of the MME paper. The MME paper, (the map one from the Lite kit) is a nice heavy weight so it's good enough to stand up to both sides being used at once.


Once I'd put it inside a page protector I decided to decorate the margin edge as this page protector I was using has a chunkier margin on it that the Project Life ones and it's a way of extending the page a bit too I suppose.

I just cut a piece of patterned paper to 3" wide, (twice the size of the page protector margin) scored and folded it down the middle:


Then fixed it over the top of the margin with double sided tape and trimmed off the excess at the bottom.

That's one page done. I'm finishing up the pocket page side today so will report back tomorrow with the results. 
If you're not scrapping this scrapbooking day and bank holiday weekend I hope you're out having fun and taking lots of photos! Or maybe you're doing a bit of DIY, why not do some before and after photos that could be fun. It's defo the time of year for DIY or fixing up the garden. We've got BBQ coals ready, is that a bit too presumptuous of good weather for a bank holiday???

xx Leo


No comments:

Post a Comment