Simply stripy

For my first layout using the Lite kit this time round I wanted to be able to show off all the rather yummy patterns that Big Fluffy Clouds has to offer. I decided to do that by the tried and tested formula of layering strips of paper together. Having chopped the papers about a bit I noticed that there was a lot more aqua in the papers than in my photo so I decided to also add some aqua watercolour in the background. Now I look at it, it reminds me of Bloo toilet cleaner which I guess fits the theme of the page! I smooshed watercolours onto an acrylic block and added it to the top right and a little across the far left of the page. 

While that was drying I added black lines around the edge of each of my papers. I do love the graphic look it adds and feels it also gives uniformity to lots of different patterns without taking them over. Using distress inks works as well with softer patterns. 

If you wonder where the polka dot paper came from - that is the brand strip for one of the papers!
 I layered the strips up and added the paperclip to the heart paper. This was adhered with foam pads, as was the photo.
Love that clip so much!
I added two elements not from the kit. One intentionally and one because of a boo boo.
Those puffy letter stickers are amazing. But I thought that the title could do with a different style of letter as well in order to give some emphasis to it so I dug out the alphabet from the Make Your Mark kit and the right letters were still there (amazing as I always run out of these three!)

The little lime green sequins were a last minute addition to hide some blue paint that migrated from my fingers to part of the layout that I wanted to stay clean looking. Sigh. You would think I would learn!

I adore these papers and was glad to find a way to make sure I still had loads left for another page.


No comments:

Post a Comment