Together...

Here I am with my 2nd post using the January/February kit and continuing on using the A4 sized layouts I have grown to love.
This was a photograph that was taken on a family holiday to Skegness. I was around 3 or 4 at the time and you can see me pictured in the pushchair. For this layout I used a sheet of plain A4 card stock and the pattered border on the right edge is a 1 inch strip I cut from one of the patterned papers from the main kit.
Of course I had to use some more of those gorgeous American Craft sentiment thickers to spell the word Together. My family did a lot together when I was little, but sadly not so much any more so it's really nice to capture and remember these moments for future generations...but also for myself. It's my history...it's my life.
To embellish the page I used some of the ephemera from the Simple Stories Life in Colour pack, one of the 3x4 cards from the Simple Stories Life in Colour cut-a-part sheet and a doily from my stash. (Sorry about the glare on the photo)
Finishing off the layout I mixed some paint from my stash with a drop of water and then flicked it onto my layout to create some splashes, covering up my photo to make sure it went where I wanted it to. Here is a close up shot of that gorgeous floral ephemera...for me you just cannot get enough floral...or ephemera full stop lol. I hope you like my 2nd 9x12 layout I'm creating for my childhood album, If you've yet to try this size...I really recommend it!
Happy Scrapping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment