Just a quickie

Sometimes layouts take forever, other times it all falls into place. Helped very often by Quirky Kits. Leo has created some sketches as well as the fabulous kits this month and this layout sprang from one of them - but I reckon I can use the sketch again!
I actually began with the Lite kit this month and used the wonderful Pinkfresh Studio Felicity paper as my background. I almost went with it as it was, but then couldn't quite do that!
 I do find it amusing that actually this place looks quite attractive in the photo but when we were looking at it we were really underwhelmed...
I added strips of 3 other papers to the bottom half of my layout. I wanted some blue to echo the blue of the boats and thought that painting the striped paper would be apt as the layout is all about Churchill painting the same scene over and over and we couldn't work out why. I should have left it dry more as it has warped the page a bit.

I was pleased that the "today" matched the colour of the houses and I used all the little diecuts about drawing together (shame there was no paint brush!)
and I also added a few more die cuts just for fun
I did need to add in some Tim Holtz words and some letter stickers because Churchill used up all my "c's" in that gorgeous striped alphabet.
And bish, bash, bosh - layout done!

No comments:

Post a Comment