One Main and One Lite

Hi Leo here!

I have two layouts to share and as the title suggests one is all made with the 'Signs of Spring main kit and the second is all made with the 'This Life' Lite kit.

Here's the first layout.


I wanted to demo a couple of ideas to fix the rubber shapes down. I used mini brads from my stash for one bit and sewing with a sewing machine for another. I've put close ups of those further down.
To make the layout I first cut out 4 inch squares of paper from the Shimelle Starshine 'Viking' paper and some smaller size squares from the Crate Paper Bloom 'Together' paper. The other smaller squares I cut out from the Pinkfresh Studio Checkerboard paper


I cut out another 4x4 inch square of paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Happy Words paper to use the green patterned side and cut out he yellow xoxo bit on the front to use as an embellishment.


This piece I fixed down first in the middle of a sheet of the 12x12 white cardstock then I layered the squares of patterned paper up down the left side beginning with the larger pieces and building up to finish with the smallest ones as the top layer. The final layer to add was my photo which I fixed down with 3D foam pads to give it more definition against the layers.
Once that was completed I picked out some of the Pinkfresh Studio Felicity die cuts and added those on top of the layers and I did go back and added a few of the puffy sequins from the embellishment kit too. I added one of the washi stickers in the bottom right corner and to continue the washi look added a bit of the patterned washi tape from the embellishment kit over the top. I added one of the rubber charms on top again and used mini brads from my stash to fix it down. I made holes first using a safety pin then pushed through the brads.



There's another rubber charm at the top of the layout fixed down with machine sewing. I used a little bit of glue stick glue to hold the rubber shape down in the right place first before sewing. I pushed the machine needle in the rubber first as the starting point.

    
Then began to stitch forward and then back-stitched over the top:

                                        

To finish off I pulled the loose threads to the back then tied them together.

                                       
                                         
The title made with the Aqua puffy alphas was the final bit to add to complete the layout. 

OK here's the next layout made with just the Lite kit.


When I started this layout I was picked out the papers and layering them up and I liked the way the papers looked on the bottom edges stacked up.
So I made that the starting point for my layout. The two main layers are the Simple Stories Carpe Diem paper and the Simple Stories Aspen/Notebook paper. I cut them first so that the long sides with the barcode were cut off. I then cut off the bottom edge of the Pinkfresh Studio 'Pick up Sticks' paper to use as another layer.















I layered the three papers up on the white cardstock base and used a smaller strip of the Pick up Sticks paper to carry on the edge of the Carpe Diem paper and make it look like all one piece.

The top edges of the paper I snipped into where I wanted to cut them off and then trimmed down the tops. The last layer to add was another piece of the pick up sticks paper picking out the bit with the green arrows that matched my photo. This piece I fixed down along the top of the layout putting it behind the other two paper layers.







As a final touch I added some of the Carpe Diem die cuts to embellish the page. Some where glued down directly on the page and some fixed down with 3D foam pads. The play word was cut down from a larger die cut to make it better suit the layout. As a finishing touch I added some more stitching to some of the die cuts too.
The final touch again was the title made with the puffy stickers in the Lite kit. The tag I will add journalling to later.

That's it all done!
My next project I'm working on right now is a mini book made from altered page protectors and a personal size planner as a binder. I'll pop back in a few days and share what I've done so far. On 7th May there's also going to be a virtual crop going on for Scrapbooking Day via the @Craftytemplates Instagram feed, (I'll share all the posts to the Facebook page too). There'll be lots of fun and games and of course scrapbooking with Quirky Kits past and present to play along with. It'll be a great excuse to make time to use up your kits.

2 comments:

  1. I love these layouts! And I'm really excited for the "crop" x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these layouts! And I'm really excited for the "crop" x

    ReplyDelete