Hello Big Ears

Hello everyone, I'm back with my 4th layout using the September/October kit. Although this is my fourth post on here, it's not the fourth layout I made. This was actually one of the last layouts I made using this kit, as I wanted to do a post on how to use up your scraps of paper, and any left over embellishments you may have.


Listed below are the items I used.

From the Main Kit:
  • Bazzill Butter Swiss Dot 12x12 Cardstock
  • Crate Paper Gather Kate 12x12 paper
  • Crate Paper Gather So Sweet 12x12 paper
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills Pinnacle 12x12 paper
  • Simple Stories The Reset Girl Speckle 12x12 paper (both sides)
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills Die Cuts
  • 1 of the Bookmark Embellishments 
From the Lite Kit:
  • American Crafts Shimelle Go Now copper foil stickers

From the Extras Shop:
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills Studio Puffs

Here's I created this layout:

I started off by gathering some of my leftover scraps of paper and using my 3 inch (I think) circle punch to punch a random amount of circles. I arranged them on the paper and lay my photo on top to see what it would look like, but the photo didn't pop so I decided to do some really thin layers using the Simple Stories Reset Girl Speckle paper, using both sides as they contrasted.
I still thought it needed a little something else behind it, so I used one of the bookmark embellishments to layer behind it. When I was happy with how it looked I committed and adhered everything down using double sided sticky tape (my best friend).

I then came up with my title but I felt the gold thickers I had didn't quite give it the look I was going for so I used some of the Dear Lizzy thickers from the August/September kit that I had leftover, spelling out Big Ears, to go with the photo of my puppy sticking her ears out...bless her!

I then set to work on embellishing. I wanted to keep the Embellishments fairly minimal on this layout, as I wanted the focus to be on the photograph and the patterned circle background.
I started off lining the copper foil dot border from the Shimelle go now go sticker sheet on the right hand side. I then added the clouds from the same sticker sheet at the top of the border and used the Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills puffy sticker hearts to act like raindrops. I thought it looked really cute.


I finished off by adding one of the Indigo Hills die cut flowers next to my title and the Shake It Off sentiment and the always remember circular journalling sticker from the Shimelle sheet again, but laying it over the edge of the white card and cutting it from the back to give it a straight edge.


I will fill in my journalling and this layout will be completed!
The thing I find when using kits to make your layouts, is it's really fun when you first get it cause you want to put everything you can onto your layout, but I also love when you hardly have anything left and it poses as more of a challenge.
Share your leftovers layouts on the Quirky Kit subscribers Facebook group, and tag me in them. I'd love to see what you create.

Until my next post everyone, have a lovely weekend and...Happy Scrapping xx

No comments:

Post a Comment