My Favourite



Hi everyone,

I'm back with a 2nd layout made with the Sept/Oct Quirky kit! This layout is about my favourite bridge in Cambridge called the Bridge of Sighs and how beautiful it looks in autumn, this photo was taken last Halloween.


For my background I used "Kindred" from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection, which I believe was in the extras shop. It has a beautiful leather style appearance, just perfect for autumnal photos. 


I first matted my 4x6 photo on some green paper (So Sweet, Gather collection) and then pale blue (Joyful, Gather collection), to highlight the green tree in the photo.  Finally I matted with the book print paper from the Pebbles Jen Hadfield Warm and Cozy collection, as Cambridge is a university town. I teared the bottom of this paper and added a strip of the lovely brown leaf trim from the main kit. This trim is gorgeous and is a different shade of brown on each side so you can pick the best suiting side!

I added one of the American Crafts DIY Shop library tags to write my journalling on, and rollerstamped the date a few times, to make it look more like the inside of a library book. 

From another sheet of the Kindred paper I cut out two of these beautiful birds and added them to the top right and bottom left of the page. I also layered up flowers and leaves I cut from the Kate and So Sweet papers (both Gather collection). 


In the bottom left cluster I also added a chipboard leaf (So Cozy collection) which came in the embellishment kit, to add some dimension, and finally some gold Gather collection tiny word stickers (from the Lite Kit). 


And for my title I used the lovely glittery Thickers from the main kit!


I hope you like my layout, have a nice weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment