Like A Dream

I finally got around to scrapping my final photo from my Year 11 prom and I used a group shot of my friends. Now it's been half a year since the event, I think back on the evening almost 'like a dream' and that's where the title for my layout came from. I wanted to use clouds as they always remind me of dreams and I went straight for the gold star acetate sheet I hadn't cut into yet. 
 I ended up with this quite light, airy sort of layout with these gently floating blue clouds (that's how I imagine them!). I coloured on the silver side of the acetate with blue Promarkers, an alcohol ink marker, and dabbed them with my finger to blend a little. I like that you can kind of see swirls where the colour is separating. I adhered the clouds by placing the adhesive behind the photo cluster or by using a light dab from a glue stick.
 I used the American Crafts gold thread to sew 'Dream', I love that it looks quite delicate while still being textured. As you can see I tried to use light coloured layers behind the photo to stop it feeling too heavy.
 I loved using these dimensional, glittery flowers as my main embellishment. They are definitely not overpowering but are somehow still absolutely gorgeous.
I decided to try a little bit of cheesy journaling as a final thought about my prom experience. If you're interested in seeing more about how this layout came together, please watch the video below:

Thanks for having a look!

1 comment: