Winter days



can be fun but they play havoc with my photography. I've been in this house 6 months and still haven't found a good spot for layout capturing. With that moan over here is a page all about some winter fun

 We are lucky enough to live right by a lovely National Trust property called Killerton. Because the inside of the house is not that noteworthy they do a Christmas exhibit every year and this year dressed each room to celebrate one of Grimm's fairy tales. It was enchanting. 
I used the Lagom main kit again but after cutting up the papers and deciding on a kind of grid layout I  decided to give the kraft cardstock some wintery treatment.

I got out some glittery texture paste and applied it top left and bottom right of my page. It wasn't quite cold enough for snow but still pretty chilly so this was a good reminder. 

I added glamour dust to the edges of the papers  and some extra highlights to the hearts using glitter pen. 

I loved both the pine branch paper and tag so used them in different areas of the page. Having stuck down the papers and photos I couldn't work out where to place the journalling without spoiling the flow of the page. So I went for almost hidden journalling by adding another of the tags to the pine leaf one and making sure you can swing it out if you want to read the words!
 After adding my title with those fun glittery letters (which rather beautifully echo the deer's bow I think), I tucked in another of those lovely cards and just one snowflake and white/gold flower. 

It is so hard not to pop three of everything down on a layout for me. I decided more red was needed for balance so, yes, three little glitter shapes went on. As a final touch I reached for glitter glue and added more sparkly blobs.
The layout is even more glittery in real life. So many sparkles!



No comments:

Post a Comment