Surf's Up

So the weather is getting a bit warmer where I am (then colder then warmer then colder...) so I thought it would be nice to do a bit of a throwback to a very sunny photo of my cousin, brother and me with surfboards. 


 I really wanted to use the bold yellow cardstock as a background because there is just no getting away from the fact that the surfboards are BRIGHT. I used a more neutral pattern paper to tone it down a little, then a border cut from a pattern paper between. I used my photo and embellishments to make the transition between the papers less harsh.
I was worried the teal glittery alphas would be a step too far but I love how they pop on the yellow, it gives a really summery vibe. I also used some stitching on the neutral and yellow paper as an extremely subtle way of adding texture. I love the size of the dream catcher sticker and that it breaks up the straight lines on the right. 
You can see how I used very thin layers to back my photo and a cut apart label for basic journalling.
 To balance the dream catcher I created a small cluster on the left, incorporating colours from the rest
of the layout. I hope you like my fun summer layout, thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment