True Friends | 12x12 Layout | ScrappyNerdUK | March 2017

I love love love this kit. I couldn't wait to really get working on some 12x12 layouts and I am really pleased to be sharing with you my newest layout.





I've been watching some YouTube videos recently for inspiration and stumbled across Paige Evans using a "stamping off" idea where you masked an area that you didn't want to stamp and then stamped in the areas you did, leaving your masked off area unaffected.

So I used some inks from my stash (a light pink and light mint) to complement this kit and I used a random bunch of stamps.





I then removed the mask and it left a completely crisp line. I then decided to add some stitching around my masked area and used white embroidery thread for a tone on tone effect. This created a really soft look but you can try it with darker inks for a more bold, bright look. Try to match the ink pad you use with your papers.

I absolutely love tearing paper and the effect it gives. I use scissors or a trimmer to trim around the layers that I use behind my photo and I tear the bottom edge of the papers to create the look as detailed in the photo.

I decided to pop this up on some fun foam for a bit of height, to create a nice shadow underneath the layers.





Do you recognise the shape of the image that I masked off?

I used the heart paper from the kit for another project and I used it to trace around after I had fussy cut it out. I used this as a template to create this layout. I loved the straight lines of the heart and thought it would look perfect with the stamping off technique I was going for in this layout. I added some Thickers from the kit for the title - True Friends. I also used the acrylic shapes, a couple of the rubber embellishments and the gorgeous sequins as accents. I finished this off with a label tucked just underneath my photo to the bottom left. I added a tiny word sticker from my stash and a couple of teeny enamel hearts from my stash to complement this all.

I really hope this brings you some inspiration and I would definitely recommend giving the stamping off technique a go. If you're unsure how, then you can head on over to YouTube where there is a process video for this one and you can follow along with me.

https://youtu.be/wIXc0Y4zFbs



See you all again really soon.

Claire









No comments:

Post a Comment