Travel Album - Day 2 (Trevi Fountain)

Hello everyone,

I hope all of you had a fantastic bank holiday weekend, especially when lovely Leonora was running various Cyber Crop challenges for us on Facebook. And I was taking full advantage of the challenges, and it allowed me to get into the full productive mode, so this blog post will be a mini recap of some of the challenges I completed on Sunday and also to show you how far I'm in my travel album. 

The products I used to make these layouts:
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Marquee' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Dazzle' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Freckled Fawn Summertime Chipboard Stickers pack
  • Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Sticker sheet
  • Sweet Talk co-ordinating die cuts pack including journalling tabs, cards and labels
  • Embellishment kit journalling cards coordinated to match the embellishments
  • Pretty Little Studio Dream Big Die Cuts pack
  • Some extra goodies from last month's kit and stamps from my stash as well


The beginning of the day 2 was started by checking out the area our Airbnb room is actual located and what kind of restaurants we have around. One of the things you might notice from the pictures we love the buildings in Rome, all of these pictures were taken on our way to Trevi Fountain, as it was our first stop on the list we created beforehand. You should note that throughout the pictures you might see that Martins and I love to take a lot of detours and flow with the adventure. Also as we always have Google Maps, it's a minimal chance you will get lost. :D

Regarding the creation of all of these layouts, I tried to keep them simple, by always adding labels where I can note some of our thoughts or word stickers and as a final step add embellishments - flowers, enamel dots or chipboard. Also, have been trying to use my stamps to bring more interest to the pages. Especially some of the filler cards were created using my stamps - an example the card with the sun (my favourite :))


After a walk, we finally arrived at our set destination and because of our detours, we arrrived a bit later than planned - during lunch time and this meant that it was so crowded. But still through all of this crowd we took some pictures and bought gelato, which we wouldn't buy again - wasn't delicious at all and pricey too. 

These two layouts below where created during the Cyber Crop and my take on the challenges, if you want to know more on the challenges and participate next time join the Quirky Kit Subscriber Group on Facebook.

Challenge 1 - Layout based on 1st sketch and I used the cut out provided - the scalloped circle.


Challenge 2 - Creating a banner


I hope you enjoyed this post and talk to you soon, Agnese.

No comments:

Post a Comment