Travel Album - Welcome to Rome

Hello everyone,

Continue with the previous post from me, and I'm back with my travel album, and today I will share with you layouts in regards on our flight there and trip through the airport.

The materials I used to create these layouts:
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Belle' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • The Tourist coordinating die cuts pack including journalling tabs, cards and labels
  • Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Sticker sheet
  • Sweet Talk coordinating die cuts pack including journalling tabs, cards and labels
  • Freckled Fawn Summertime Chipboard Stickers pack
  • Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Sticker sheet
  • Journalling cards coordinated to match the embellishments
  • Pretty Little Studio Dream Big Die Cuts pack
  • Some extra goodies from last month's kit as well

Creation of the layout:
As you might have noticed, overall I was trying to base my colour scheme on the Adventure card in the 2nd picture, I also did to try to add black colour to avoid layouts looking too pink. I don't mind pink personally, although as the album is for both Martins and me, my thought was that I should create something that we both can enjoy. Based on the colour scheme of that card I selected the patterned papers and cut them to size. As you might have noticed I also back my 4x6 pictures because the new printing place I tried doesn't print the exact size of 4x6, it's a bit smaller which means that the pictures are falling out of the sleeves. Throughout the pages, I have added chipboard, labels, stickers and die cuts to embellish. What I have noticed and the reason why I love this month's kit is that it goes so well with the previous month, meaning that I can use up every bit of both of them :)

The story behind the pictures:
The day we had our flight my hubby had his last exam, this meant that we had a mad rush to get to London Gatwick. Especially, considering that usually, we use the train to get there and if you are a frequent traveller through London or live in London, you might know how often trains to Gatwick are delayed or cancelled. Of course, we had to celebrate that my hubby has finished all of his six exams and we were really hungry as well, so we decided to go to Wagamama - Martins favourite ramen place. This was our first time flying with Easyjet, and I can say it wasn't a pleasant experience, as there was an hour delay which made us worry whether we will be on time to collect keys for our room.


While the other layout documents the first pictures we took once we landed and rushed to get to our place to collect the keys. We stayed in the centre of Rome, so we had to take the double-deck train from the airport to Termini (train station) and then finally underground to our place. In the end, we arrived 10 minutes before he went home, although he knew that we would be late a bit because I called before we took off to let him know of our situation


I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post from me and talk to you soon, Agnese.

No comments:

Post a Comment