Beach Boys | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | November/December 2017

Hey i'm back!! Told you I would be....

Just playing catch up with my layouts for the blog and bringing you one of my faves from the November/December kit...



So when you are low on patterned paper, grab some tags and make some embellishment clusters to use on a plain cardstock background. I just used some manilla tags from my stash and set to work by fussy cutting the kites and the flowers from the Maggie Holmes Carousel papers (which I absolutely love) and just started layering these onto the tags.






I then added in some ephemera, stickers, word phrases and just kept building the clusters on the tags to create 5 in total for this layout. These tags are a great way of using up left over embellishments and storing them away for when you might be in a scrappy slump or when you want to make a quick layout.



And I layered these so they were cascading down the page in a diagonal order, adding twine to the tags that didn't overlap the photo. I then added my title using the amazing Freckled Fawn alpha stickers from the kit and a few splashes of White Heidi Swapp Colour Shine from my stash and hey presto!! This layout came together in super quick time and I love the finished look (is is ok to say I love the finished layout overtime?!).



See you all again really soon for some more layouts using previous/current kits.

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment