Rainbow Layout | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Mixture of leftovers from previous kits

Hey everyone,

So i've been so busy creating, its left little time to write my blogs!! I'm so sorry but I am back here and raring to share what I have been making for you all.

So I created this layout during a Facebook live video over on Quirky Kits group and I had such fun making it.




 So I was coming to the end of the previous kit (Sep/Oct) and really only had odd embellishments left. So I grouped all of what I had left from previous kits and decided to combine them all to make a rainbow layout. This is one of my favourite things to do!! So I found all of the red/pink/yellow/green and blue stickers, tags, ephemera, enamel dots and chipboard that I had and started grouping them together in colour order.




I placed the photo in the centre of the white cardstock and set to work by having "strips" of embellishments going vertically down the page, leaving some white area around the whole edge. I started with the bigger embellishments and filled in the smaller gaps with the little pieces of ephemera (this was satisfying to get them used up!) and then adding in the small stickers until the whole strip was complete for each colour. I didn't really worry about where I was placing them or whether they were overlapping. In my opinion it is best to just go with it and enjoy the process and to not get bogged down in the detail too much.


And the finished layout is here. I love rainbow layouts so I knew I was going to love this no matter what it was going to finish looking like. It has lots of random ephemera and stickers (flamingos next to clouds next to cameras next to ampersands) and I just loved the colour and playfulness that it doesn't matter on the relevance of the ephemera/stickers.


I hope this brought you some inspiration and if you do want to give this a try then be sure to head on over to Instagram and tag me @scrappynerduk and @craftytemplates in with the #quirkykits so we can see your creation.

See you really really soon!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great layout. I may have to scraplift this at some time. Many thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete