Chill Time - Patchwork Heart

Hi! Leo here again. It's feeling hot, hot, hot right now and I wish I was nearer the beach but making this layout has helped me get the beachy feels again!

I was inspired by a patchwork heart design and instead of fabric made one of triangles of paper then added layers of stickers and used up the paper bits I had from cutting out the papers as strips across the top and bottom. I also experimented with another Brusho using idea I had to use an old toothbrush to make 'flicky' 'splodge' pattern that kind of reminds me of sprinkles of sand!


 
To start with I sketched  light pencil line down the centre of my background cardstock. This was to give me a centre point to build my patchwork pattern out from.
 
 
Next I created the sprinkle Brushoed background by first sprinkling some Brusho crystals on a bit of plastic packaging and adding water to it then dipping in an old tooth brush and placing it hovering over my cardstock, gently flicking the toothbrush bristles to 'spray' the brusho paint across the card.

 

 
This is how I built the heart pattern. First I cut out 2 inch squares of patterned paper then cut the squares in half diagonally. I used a mix up of what I had, main and lite kit papers and I mixed in a couple of cards from the Custom Card kit.
 

 I used the centre line to add the first triangle and built the pattern from there matching up the edges of the triangles:
 
I then added a strip of the leaf trim from the lite kit across the middle of the heart using my sewing machine to fix it down:
 
 
I then used that line of trim as my anchor for my photos and some sticker layers.
 
 
I used the Crate Paper sticker sheet to add a frame to one photo and stapled a stitched star on there too.
 
The rosette sticker I added some more layers of paper too using dies to cut out the paper pieces and layer then up with foam pads.


 The camera I cut out from the 'Photo Op' paper in the lite kit.


 More stickers being added from the Wild Heart sticker sheet and from the phrase Thickers pack from the lite kit.
 
I still have lots of the Crate Paper Wild Heart Stickers left that would work with my layout but I didn't want to add anything else to the heart at this point so I grabbed the paper off cuts I had from cutting out the triangles and cut them out in strips to layer across the top of the layout then added more stickers over the top.

 
Just to balance it out and because I still had more paper bits to use I added some paper layers to the bottom edge too plus a cluster of stitched stars and some sequins fixed down with my mini stapler. I was going for a kind of rock pool cluster bit!
 


 Hope it's given you some ideas you can use in your own projects!
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment