Mad about skulls

Hello everyone! Can you believe we are halfway through the year already? My partner even shared a post on Facebook the other day (25th June) and it said in exactly 6 months time today, you will be sitting down eating your Christmas dinner!!! Yes, sorry I just mentioned the C word, but we won't talk anymore on that subject because the May/June kits landed with you well over a week ago now and they are soooo summery, and with this heatwave, it was like Leonora had predicted it and made us the perfect kit to go with all our sunny snaps!
As yet I've not gotten around to printing off my summer snapshots, so I have used the kit to do a layout of my partner which we took over the national scrapbooking weekend. He was actually meant to do this layout with these pictures and enter it into a competition, but he chickened out so it was left to me to make something with them 2 months later!...
So without further ado, here is the layout, what I used and how I created it.

From the Main Kit:
  • 1 sheet black 12x12 cardstock
  • Crate Paper Wild Heart Sticker Sheet
  • Crate Paper Here & There postcard 12x12 patterned paper
  • Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush Palm Beach 12x12 patterned paper
From the Lite Kit:
  • Kaisercraft Sea Breeze cardstock alphabet
From the Embellishment Kit:
  • Pink Fresh Studio The Mix#2 ephemera pack
  • Pink Fresh Studio The Mix#2 puffy star stickers
And here's how I created the layout:

I started by cutting a piece of the Heidi Swapp Palm beach paper to 4.5 inches x 12 inches and stuck it to the bottom half of my black cardstock background. I trimmed my photos leaving a small white border around them, which then tied in with that paper.

I then cut out 3 of the postcards/envelopes from the Here and There paper also from the main kit. I cut the red border off the top and bottom of one of them and used these as coloured accents on both photos. The green envelope I used on the bottom right hand corner of my photo for the rest of the title and the date sticker from the Wild Heart sticker sheet. The 3rd postcard I put at a slant under the left photo, for the first part of my title.

All that was left to do then was to embellish it. For this I used the Pink Fresh Studio The Mix#2 Ephemera pack and Puffy Stars from the embellishment kit and a few of the stickers from the Crate Paper Wild Heart sticker sheet. 


Voila layout complete. So a nice simple one to start with. I always feel overwhelmed when my kit first comes and I don't know what I want to use first. The problem is I want to use all of it first lol.
I wanted my main focus to be on the photographs, so I just chose 2 accent colours from my partners tattoo's so they stood out and "popped" on the monochromatic background.


I will be back in a couple of days with a Project Life spread for you. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram too @plcraftygal so you can see the layouts that don't make it to the blog.

Happy Scrapping, Everyone xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment