Believe In You | Laura Rumble | Twilight Moon Kit



Hello, Laura here.  I’m so excited to be guest designing with the September/October kit.  It’s been a while since I received a kit and felt the buzz of opening a pizza box.  I certainly wasn’t disappointed!



For my first layout I’m using several of the Pink Fresh Studio patterned papers and Vicki Boutin Field Notes 'Collect and Document' patterned paper.  I had already cut into the papers as I had started a layout... the pile of papers that I wasn’t intending to use caught my eye.  Triangles sort of patched together.  I couldn’t ignore it so I put what I was working on to one side (you’ll see that in my next post) and played with the angular off cuts.

 
I pieced together some of the patterned papers.  I wanted an area of plain cardstock amongst all the pattern but the white from the kit wasn’t hitting the spot.  I added in a sheet of purple cardstock from my stash.  I didn’t have the exact shade of purple but with a sheet of vellum laid over the top it was a good enough match.  I trimmed down the purple/vellum so that the points of my triangle off cuts reached the edge.  To make the layout back up to a standard 12x12 size I added a border using another of the Pink Fresh papers.  Now I had the foundation of my page I moved over to my sewing machine and adding stitching to most of the joins; some in straight stitch, some zigzag, all in threads picked out to match the Pink Fresh Mesa patterned paper.  It struck me that the vellum would make a great shaker pocket so I mix some sequins from my stash to match and added them behind the vellum before sewing the last edge up.


I was torn between using a puffy sticker for my title or fussy cutting a foil title from Kaisercraft Misty Mountains rose gold foiled cardstock – the foil won because rose gold foil always wins in my book!  I added a few heart and leaf puffy stickers and decided it was done.


I will add my journalling in the peach triangle after photographing and sharing.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment