Love Grows Here | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | September/October 2018

Hey everyone....

So every other Tuesday I am live on the Quirky Kits Facebook group. I create a layout with the current kit (and maybe a few other little bits too) and this is all done live!! This is a great way to see how quick and easy it can be to bring a layout together in less than an hour.

And here is what I created....

So I started with the 2 gorgeous papers from the Pink Fresh Studios Indigo Hills 2 collection. I knew I wanted to cut the wreath out and layer this on top of the other paper. I decided to cut the middle out also and this wasn't as tricky as I thought it was going to be - so give it a try if you've been considering it!




I popped some adhesive foam under each of the leaves to give the wreath some dimension and to lift it off of the background paper.

Just how beautiful are those leaves on this paper.

I then centred a doily in the centre of the wreath to give some interest to the middle also. I added some double sided tape only to the bottom left side so this would be hidden underneath the photo. I top of this I layered my title which is a gold glitter Thickers title from the previous kit. This worked perfectly.



Next I needed to think about what embellishments I was going to include. It definitely didn't need much embellishment as the wreath was doing most of the hard work already.

I added in the little vase ephemera piece from the last kit and layered over a puffy sticker from the current main kit and this was all finished off with a couple of tiny word stickers from my own stash. I love how this little cluster turned out.

I then added some puffy hearts from the same collection (PFS Indigo Hills 2) from the main kit and placed these to the top left and bottom right of the layout along with a couple more tiny word stickers.

Finally it was finished off with enamel dots (again from my stash) and the layout came together all in about 40 minutes. (apart from some of the fussy cutting).

And here it is....


Stay tuned for lots more inspiration using this amazing kit!!

Until next time

Claire x




No comments:

Post a Comment