Natalie - Wonderful together


 Hi everyone! 

I'm back today with my first layout using the gorgeous Sept/Oct Quirky Kits.

Supplies used:

Main Kit:

Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 Meadow Paper
Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 Puffy Stickers 
White cardstock

Extras Shop:

Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight Ephemera Pack
Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight Accessory Stickers
Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight Die Cut Titles 


 I started with this beautiful background paper from Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 (luckily I bought 2 spares as the wreath on the other side is beautiful too). I decided I wanted the focus of my layout to be along the blurred line. 

The die cut phrases by Cocoa Vanilla Studio are a perfect colour match to the Indigo Hills 2 collection, so after picking the "together" word I went looking for an appropriate photo.

I used a frame from the ephemera pack to surround my square photo, after matting it with white cardstock. 


I then used several flower pieces from the ephemera pack to create clusters around my photo, using 3D foam tape to layer the flowers and the title at different levels. This really helped to add dimension to the layout, as all the embellishments were very paper based and flat.

I added the "wonderful" piece from the ephemera pack, as it matched the frame perfectly, and extends the title. Whilst the "Love you so" piece is from the sticker sheet. 


To each cluster I added a puffy heart (from the Indigo Hills 2 Puffy Stickers) and an enamel dot (from my own stash), which helped to add further dimension and interest compared to the paper embellishments.  To the top left of the frame I added a tab from the ephemera pack for further interest.


To finish my triangle of clusters I added a cluster to the top right. Again I added ephemera pieces, enamel dots and a puffy heart. I find a third cluster always helps to complete the layout. I used a grey pen to write my journalling, as black can be too harsh. 


I hope you like my layout and it inspires you to use your kit!

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment