Sunday Sketch Challenge - Sketch #2

Every Sunday look out for the Sunday Sketch challenges. They'll be a new sketch posted up for you to create a project from every Sunday. Complete all the Sunday Sketch challenges to be eligible for an extra goody in your next kit box!
Once you've finished your creation upload it to your platform of choice.
For Instagram tag @craftytemplates and mention it's for Sketch Sunday.
For Facebook add it to the Quirky Kits Group - they'll be a post for each sketch there with an album to add it to.
For blog add a link to your project from your blog in the comments below. 
Or if you'd prefer to keep your project private you can email them directly to Leonora@craftytemplates.com
 
Last week we had sketch #1 which you can head back to here if you didn't manage to complete that one yet. You can complete the sketches in any order. Once we get to the last one all the challenges will be open for one final week, (so it'll close on the 24th).
 
Ready to get creating?
If you've never used a sketch before all you need to do is follow the layout below as a starting point for the positioning of your page elements, (photo, title, papers etc.). What those elements are and how much you use them is entirely up to you though. You don't need to follow the same colours in the sketch.

Sketch Sunday Sketch #2

 

Sample layout for sketch #2

 
In the layout I've used the B side of the Vicki Boutin Field Notes 'Collect and Document' paper from the main kit plus two Cocoa Vanilla papers from the extras shop 'Sophisticated' and Moonlight'. I cut the middle bits out of the papers so even though it looks like full sheets stacked one on top of the other I wasn't going to let all that yummy paper go to waste! So the bits that were covered over with the subsequent lay I cut away from underneath to put to one side for another project.
I also used the Kaisercraft Misty Mountains ephemera from the Custom Card kit and the Cocoa Vanilla Midnight clear stickers from the extras shop. Some of the stickers I backed onto white cardstock and cut out to make them more like die cuts. I also used some as they were intended, to look like they're painted or stamped on the background. as a final touch I added some copper Nuvo Drops from my stash. The thread I used is a coral colour embroidery thread. I cut out a heart from a scrap of printer paper then used it like a template to punch holes with my needle about 1cm apart, (I use a big darning needle for sewing on layouts). I then used the thread as it comes, with all the strands intact and stitched along with a single running stitch.
 
Hope you're having fun with the sketch challenges!
xx Leo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment