Natalie - Sweet Autumn Days

Hi everyone!

I'm back today with my 2nd layout using the Sept/Oct kit. 

Firstly I want to apologise for the quality of the photos in this blog post - it's very difficult to take photos in natural lighting now the sunlight hours are so short!

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- PFS Indigo Hills 2 Mesa Paper x 2
- PFS Indigo Hills 2 Puffy Stickers

Extras Shop:
- CVS Midnight Die Cut Titles 

Previous Kits:
- PFS Orange puffy alphas

Own stash:
- Yellow alphas
- Ephemera pieces x 2




I started this layout with the Mesa paper from the main kit. I knew I wanted to make an autumnal layout with the paper so I looked through my phone for any recent photos of leaves. 
I printed my photo at 3.5 x 3.5 inches square and mounted with white cardstock. However when I placed the photo on the paper it covered some of the leaves and made them look very flat.
So I decided to fussy cut the leaves from a spare piece of the same paper to add some dimension to the page. Which surprisingly didn't take as long as I was expecting, especially when you have a good Netflix show to keep you company!


As you can see I only fussy cut the main branches. If you only have one copy of the paper you can fussy cut the branches and add them to another background. 




I added a frame around the photo from my own stash. Then I worked on my title. I knew I wanted to use one of the beautiful CVS die cut titles from the Extra Shop as part of my title, and I placed this on foam pads to add more dimension. I then added two more words in co-ordinating colours, to help bring out the oranges and yellows in the paper and the photo.

To ground the title I added a puffy leaf sticker from the Indigo Hills sticker sheet in the Main Kit. 


I wanted to add some journalling but I was torn as to whether to type it, add it to the back of the layout or hand write it. In the end after discussion with a few scrappy friends I decided to handwrite my journalling. And I'm really happy I did, as I think it finishes off the layout perfectly. I drew faint lines with a pencil to help me stay straight, and they easily rubbed off without leaving a mark. I used a Graphik grey pen which I think is perfect for adding journalling when you don't want to add harsh black text to your layout.



And that is my layout complete! I hope it has given you some inspiration. 
And once you have fussy cut the leaves it takes no time at all to put together!

See you soon with another layout,

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment