But I Can't Skate - Natalie - Nov/Dec Kit.

Hi everyone,

I am back with my first layout using the new Christmas kits.

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- Crate Paper Merry Days Frosty Days Paper

Extras Shop:
- Crate Paper Merry Days 6x12 sticker sheet
- Crate Paper Merry Days ephermera pack.

Last Kit:
- Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 Gorge paper

Own Stash:
- Wooden alpha - we had a similar alpha which was half wooden, half gold in a Quirky Kit last year.
- Wood veneer 



I started off this layout with the gorgeous Frost Days paper in the main kit. I've had my eye on this paper ever since Crate Paper announced the line, so I was delighted it was in the kit this time. I had already decided I would scrap my New York Christmas photos with it, until we went ice skating in London a few weeks ago and these photos were just too perfect. It just means I'll have to buy another sheet! 



I started off using the full 12x12 sheet and 3 photos. I did not realise when I printed my landscape photos that because one was taken using the front camera and one using the rear camera the ratios were slightly off so the photos printed at slightly different sizes. 

I was finding it quite difficult to decide how to place 3 very busy photos on a busy background. I looked through my previous kit and found this grey/ white paper would work as an area to lay my photos on. 
When I have multiple photos of different sizes I often find a grid works well. 
I decided that the grid would look better on a 9x12, so I cut the layout down from a 12x12, leaving me with some spare paper to use on another project yay!


I added the ice skating girl sticker from the Merry Days sticker sheet in the middle of the grid to hide the space remaining from the oddly shaped photos. I placed the sticker on cardstock, fussy cut and then placed it on foam pads to help lift the girl off from the page.


To the bottom right of the photos I added a wood veneer embellishment from my stash and the phrase flag which is from the Merry Days ephemera pack (from the extras shop).


To finish off the grid I added my title in the empty space and another wood veneer embellishment. 


This is a very simple layout but it took me some time to work out a design that would allow me to showcase 3 busy photos and the beautiful busy paper. 

I will be back soon with my next project which is an accompanying Project Life spread to go with this layout, which I often do when I have way too many photos.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

Natalie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment