You and Me - Natalie

Hello everybody, I'm back with my final layout using the last Quirky kit, before I start using the beautiful Christmas kit!

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 - Gorge paper
- Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 - Meadow paper x 2
- White cardstock

Extras Shop:
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight Sticker Sheet
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight Word Phrases


I started off this layout using the wreath paper, I originally wanted to cut the whole wreath out. I started by using my craft knife to cut out the inside of the wreath and then decided that actually I would keep the outside of the paper. The mixed media splatters are just too pretty and as I'm terrible at mixed media myself, this paper is perfect as all the hard work is done for me.

I then tried a few different options for papers to back the circle I had cut out from the middle, and decided on this pale grey leafy paper, from the main kit. 



Using another sheet of the wreath paper I cut out some of the flowers and leaves and layered them on top of their counterparts to add dimension, using glue dots and foam pads. Because I had cut out the middle I was also able to add dimension to the single layered leaves. 



I added butterflies from the CVS Midnight sticker sheet. I first stuck them to cardstock and fussy cut around them so I could bend up the wings to add more dimension. I added 3 to make a visual triangle across the page.


I then added my photo (mounted just on white cardstock) and my title. I may go back and add some strips of journalling. I wanted to keep this layout fairly minimal though as the wreath and splatters are so busy.


I hope my layout gives you some inspiration, and I will be back with my first layout using the new kit soon! 

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment